Kidney stone is also known as nephrolithiasis in medical terms. It can be formed within the kidney or urinary tract where there is either a diminution in the urine volume or if there is a growth of stone-forming substances in the urine. Kidney stones are small hard deposits made of acid saltsand mineral. It often causes extreme pain but doesn’t cause any permanent damage. But if you don’t pay attention in the beginning, it may block your urinary tract and make complications. Sometimes it may need surgery to remove the stones from the urinary tract.
Apple cider vinegar is believed to be a great ingredient that you can use to prepare medications to cure small kidney stones. At the same time, this ingredient will also save you from those painful surgeries as well as from the dreaded side effects of using drugs.
Does apple cider vinegar really treat kidney stones?
Now you must be thinking howcan apple cider vinegar treat kidney stones and what goods are there in apple cider vinegar that makes it so powerful to treat and prevent kidney stones? Read on to find out!
Breaks down the stone forming tissues: Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature. That helps in breaking down the hard tissues that form the kidney stones. So its usage cures the kidney stone issue and prevents the reoccurrence of it as well.
Flushes out the toxins: The consumption of apple cider vinegar helps to flush out the dangerous toxins from the body, which in turn help to prevent the formation of new kidney stones.
Promotes the digestion process: The consumption of apple cider vinegar smoothens the digestive process and the production of hydrochloric acid because it offers an alkalinizing effect. This in turn prevents the product in the body from forming acid. It makes the body strong enough to stop the formation of new kidney stones.
Dissolves the kidney stones: The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar also dissolves the smaller kidney stones and assists in passing through the urine.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat kidney stones
The most effective natural remedy to treat the kidney stones and the associated symptoms is apple cider vinegar. So now, it is very important to know how to use apple cider vinegar for kidney stones. Read on to find out how to get cured of the kidney stones using apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar and water
This is the simplest yet effective apple cider vinegar remedy for kidney stones.
- 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
- 8 ounces water
- Put 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of 8 ounces of water.
- Stir it well and drink it.
- Take this remedy one a day to get rid of kidney stones.
- To prevent reoccurrence of the kidney stones, take this remedy once to twice in a week.
Note: Along with this remedy, you also need to drink plenty amount of water to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Apple cider vinegar, water and baking soda
Apple cider vinegar, if mixed with baking soda, offers an effective medicine for kidney stones. The alkalizing effect of baking soda removes the acid from the body, which is the main cause of kidney stones.
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- half tbsp of baking soda
- 1 glass of water
- Put 2 tbsp of baking soda and half tbsp of apple cider vinegar in one glass of water.
- Mix all the ingredients and drink it.
- Drink this medicine twice a day to get rid of kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar and honey for kidney stones
This remedy with apple cider vinegar and honey is more effective for treating kidney stones because honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties. At the same time honey adds a very good taste to the apple cider vinegar drink.
- 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and the honey together.
- To get rid of kidney stones you need to take this remedy 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also add this mixture to a glass of water and drink it that way, so you can treat the kidney stone issue successfully.
- Apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and water
Lemon juice is acidic in nature and its consumption decreases the acidity level in the urine. In turn this process prevents the formation of kidney stones. It also works as a natural antiseptic, which prevents the further growth of bacteria in the kidneys. It keeps you hydrated and removes the toxins from the body as well.
- 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- of organic olive oil
- of lemon juice
- 24 oz. of water
- Mix the olive oil and the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Drink the mixture and then drink 12 oz. of water.
- After half an hour, take the rest of the water and squeeze the juice of a half lemon to it.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the lemon water and mix it well.
- Repeat this remedy in every half an hour to get rid of kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and water
Coconut oil can also treat kidney stones successfully, it’s not used only for treating hair and skin related problems. Its consumption helps to dissolve the kidney stones.
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 16 ounces warm water
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the coconut oil to the glass of warm water.
- Mix well all of the ingredients and drink it.
- Take this remedy regularly until you get cured of kidney stones completely.
- Apple cider vinegar with honey and baking soda
- 1 ounce apple cider vinegar
- one quarter tbsp of baking soda
- Mix all the ingredients well and drink.
- Apple cider vinegar poultice
Apart from drinking apple cider vinegar to treat kidney stones, you can use it topically to treat kidney stone pain.
- 3tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 3tbsp of water
- a washcloth
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water and heat it.
- Soak a washcloth in it and place it on the area where you are feeling pain due to kidney stones.
- Let the cloth be on that place until it becomes cool.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day to get rid of the pain.
Follow these tips on how to get rid of kidney stones and how to prevent it successfully.
- Always use apple cider vinegar in a diluted form, otherwise you may harm the enamel of your teeth or may burn your mouth or throat. The recommended ratio of apple cider vinegar and water is 1:10
- Wash your mouth very well after drinking apple cider vinegar.
- Make sure to use raw, unpasteurized and extra virgin apple cider vinegar to prepare the remedies as it is more pure and effective.
- If you are suffering from gout don’t use apple cider vinegar, because its usage may increase the pain.
- Consult a doctor before using the apple cider vinegar if you are suffering from any other disease.
- Remember to drink lots of water during the usage of apple cider vinegar for kidney stones. Drinking plenty of water will hydrate your body properly, which in return will prevent the kidney stones from reoccurrence.
- You can put apple cider vinegar daily in your salad or as condiment to prevent it from occurring again.
- Avoid taking caffeinated drinks to prevent kidney stones from occurring.
- To prevent kidney stones in future eat a healthy diet that is low in sodium, high in fiber and low in fat.
If the kidney stones are in its initial stage or the stones are small enough to be dissolved soon, you can try these apple cider vinegar remedies to treat them. But if you are experiencing acute pain due to kidney stones and if there is no improvement after using all these home remedies, then you will need to go to a doctor so that you know the exact reason and the further medication for it.